What We Do
Our goal is to help college and university offices working on prevention efforts to improve productivity, communication and to become more transparent when responding to administrative expectations. We provide a quality audit designed to address best practice industry standards in a solution-focused manner. Each audit is individually crafted and designed with a focus on the individual needs of the prevention office/committee as it fits into the larger campus community.
Who We Are
With years of experience working with public and private institutions with both large and small enrollments, Brett A. Sokolow, Esq. and Michelle Issadore, M.Ed. bring a wealth of knowledge, theory and practical application to an assessment.
The NCHERM Group’s Prevention Audit is based on its experience and expertise as well as standards established by the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (www.cas.edu), American College Health Association (www.acha.org) and now defunct Higher Education Center for Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention.
Brett A. Sokolow is the founder, president and CEO of The NCHERM Group, a national multidisciplinary risk management consulting and law firm. He is recognized for his national leadership on systems-level solutions for safer schools and campuses. Michelle Issadore is the Executive Director of the School and College Organization for Prevention Educators (SCOPE). She works with institutions nationwide on improving prevention efforts and implementing best practices.
- Comparative, normed statistics on the staff:student ratio
- Scope of practice and training of staff
- Prevention programming efforts on suicide, sexual assault, intimate partner violence, stalking, alcohol and other drugs (AOD), eating disorders, mental health, bystander intervention, hazing, harassment and sexual health
- Relationship between prevention office(s) and other departments; addressing budgets, scheduling, assessment, strategic planning, messaging, consistency, reinforcement and more
- Comprehension, acquisition and retention of learning outcomes
- Peer education
- Alignment of prevention practices with climate survey and focus group results
- Prevention strategy structure, composition, efficacy, integration and communication
- Resource needs assessment
- Mandated legislation compliance, such as the Campus SaVE Act, Clery Act, Title IX and Drug Free Schools and Communities Act
- Web presence, accessibility and outreach via online resources
- Staff satisfaction, performance concerns and professional development
For more information contact Kate Halligan, Vice President of Client Relations, at email@example.com or (610) 579-3725 or Alisha DiGiandomenico, Assistant Vice President of Client Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (610) 644-3387.